This butter recipe was made from extra thick double cream! It’s rather fun (though personally; it’s also tiring to your arm) to make it! This is great if you’ve run out of it and need to make some quickly! Either for a recipe or general cooking needs- as long as you’ve got double cream! You’re ready!
Though during the recipe; if your double cream is all stuck in the whisk- add some milk. It’ll not only move the cream/butter out of the whisk but also add moisture. This moisture helps to get the butter from sticking inside of a whisk. Also, you get more yummy buttermilk!
In these steps in the most simple form; we add the double cream. Whisking it until it’s in a solid form then strain it. Make sure to squeeze the buttermilk out of it then wrap!
If you want you can add salt to the double cream to it then whisk it. You need to add the salt at the double cream stage to help incorporate it.
Butter from Extra Thick Double Cream
- 300 ml extra thick double cream
- 2 tbsp milk (this is optional- if the whisk is jammed)
- Add the double cream to the bowl.
- Whisk the double cream until it's in a butter consistency.
- If the butter is stuck in the whisk and not fully butter- add some milk to add some moisture to let it out of the whisk.
- Strain and wrap!
Well, we hope you enjoy making this recipe! You can also make it by using a jar- but we went with the whisking method in this post! If you want to you can use the buttermilk for baking goods!
Also, check out our YouTube channel for video version content!