There are a lot of types of flatbread out there! We’ll be doing the basic type but linking multiple variations in this recipe post! Along with being a fast food to cook- it’s also amazingly cheap and you can pretty much use any oil you want! Save money on store-bought flatbreads and make these for less than a pound!
Usually, I use wheat flour but I made besan ki roti’s a few weeks ago and they were delicious! If you’ve got any besan flour to use – make sure to try those! Making flatbread usually has the same method – so you don’t need to worry if you change it a bit. Less water makes them drier- less oil makes them harder to roll. Just make sure you’ve got the right amount of those to the amount of flour used. Never forget that a pinch of salt goes a really long way.
- You can use crushed cardamon with this recipe to give this a really refreshingly nice taste! You can watch that version on YouTube.
- 300 grams flour
- 115 ml water
- 2 tbsp lard
- 1 pinch salt
- variable corriander
- variable other herbs
- Heat up a skillet to use for the flatbreads
- Mix 300 grams of flour with the water, then add the melted lard.
- Add the chopped herbs- you can use as many amount you want.
- Roll them out on a board, floured or papered then put them on the skillet for around 2 minutes then flip then cook for a minute.
Hopefully, the recipe went well- tell us your experience down in the comments! If you’d like to see more video variations of these recipes check out the YouTube channel!