Turmeric pie pastry can be made with either turmeric butter or simply adding around 2 tablespoons of turmeric and a teaspoon of cumin to the pastry. It’s delicious and serves a malleable crust! Though it is best made with our turmeric butter or homemade butter at least.
The pastry can be used to make an array of delicious dishes! Here are one’s that we recommend:
- Peach Tart – a soft and sweet tart which goes well with ice cream.
- Cinnamon Pineapple Pie. This pie is extremely delectable! The cinnamon and nutmeg gives it such an awe-inspiring flavour!
Turmeric Pie Pastry Recipe
Turmeric Pie Pastry
- 300 grams flour
- pinch salt
- 210 grams butter
- 80-100 ml ice water
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- Add the flour and cubes of the butter to a mixing bowl then mix with the turmeric and salt.
- Once thoroughly mixed add the ice water slowly and keep mixing until it's at an optimal pie pastry state. Not dry and not wet.
- Add to a board then roll out with flour above, under and on the rolling pin to the measurements of the pie dish you use.