Vegetable Quiche is delicious and fulfilling. Despite no meat- it still fills you up pretty well! Though not fully vegan due to the milk and cheese content, those can be substituted. You can substitute those with almond milk or oat milk. With the cheese – you can easily substitute it with vegan cheese.
We use crushed garlic with this recipe to activate the garlic. If you want a more browned taste- you can brown them instead. This would mean you would have to dice them instead of crushing them. We used turmeric pie pastry for the pastry which you can make here.
If you’re looking for sides for this quiche- you can find them on our channel!
Vegetable Quiche Recipe
- 1 whole carrot sliced
- 2 whole red onions sliced
- 1 whole garlic crushed and diced
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 pie dish pastry
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1 tbsp basil
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 3 tbsp lard
- 100 grams grated cheese
- Heat oven to 175 C fan on.
- Add a baking sheet above the pastry pie dish with pastry on then add the baking beans for 10 minutes to blind bake.
- While waiting; chop the red onions and carrots into dices then brown them on the skillet. Crush garlic then dice.
- Whisk the eggs together, then add flour and the baking powder. Add the milk after then the salt with the vegetables. Add the grated cheese then take out the pastry dish once the time is over.
- Add the lard to a skillet with the herbs on low heat until they are together; add it to the mixture then mix in.
- Add the mixture to the pie dish after taking the baking beans out. Put in oven for around 45 minutes.