Cumin pie pastry can be made with cumin butter, which we made in our previous post. Alternatively, simply add cumin spice to the pastry dough. If you don’t use the butter you will simply need around 3 tbsp of cumin powder and add it before you add the liquid.
Another pie pastry you might like to try includes turmeric pie pastry which adds great health benefits to any bake!
The pastry can be used to make an array of delicious dishes! Here are one’s that we recommend:
- Peach Tart – a soft and sweet tart which goes well with ice cream.
- Cinnamon Pineapple Pie. This pie is extremely delectable! The cinnamon and nutmeg gives it such an awe-inspiring flavour!
Cumin Pie Pastry Recipe
Cumin Pie Pastry
- 300 grams flour
- pinch salt
- 210 grams cumin butter
- 20-100 ml ice water
- Add the flour and cubes of the butter to a mixing bowl then mix with the salt.
- Once thoroughly mixed add the ice water slowly and keep mixing until it's at an optimal pie pastry state. Not dry and not wet.
- Add to a board then roll out with flour above, under and on the rolling pin to the measurements of the pie dish you use.