This 1-can peach crumble is absolutely scrumptious! With simple ingredients and a low-cost dessert- what can go wrong? You can add or change any of the spices based on your desired tastes.
Allspice will give it a more autumny flavour while cinnamon and nutmeg are used as their base. Though I didn’t add ginger to the recipe; you can add it to compliment the flavour a lot more. We used turmeric and cumin butter in this recipe to give some flavour to the dough. Though mostly it is to use up the butter before it goes off.
If you want to use a more sophisticated and cost-effective crumble; you can replace the crumble with cake crumbs. Not only does this reduce waste- but it also puts use to any leftover cake that you have left.
Peach Crumble Recipe
- 1 Pie dish
- 1 can canned peaches
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp allspice optional
- 200 grams flour
- 125 grams butter
- 75 grams granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 175 C fan on.
- Add the can of peaches to the pie dish, though drain at least three fourths of the liquid.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients then mix together.
- In a bowl, put the flour and sugar. Then crumble up the butter with it adding the butter occasionally.
- Put the crumble topping above the filling then place in the oven for around 40 minutes.