This bean quiche is a delicious quiche using cost-effective ingredients and filling you up at the same time! It’s great for saving money! For this recipe, we used white beans but you can use any other form of the bean as long as it can go into this!
Red Leicester cheese is used in this- but other forms of grated cheese are okay as well! If you want to put any vegetables in this make sure to brown them. I didn’t put any into the recipe since I was out of vegetables and well. This food blog is for starving students! So there are a lot of ingredients lacking to make up for the cheap price. If you’re looking for a meat quiche, we in fact have a pork loin quiche!
Bean Quiche Recipe
- 1 pie dish (lined with pastry)
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup double cream
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 3 tbsp sage
- 3 tbsp basil
- 200 grams grated cheese
- 1 cup white beans
- 3 tbsp lard
- 1 pinch salt
- Fill a pot with water and put the white beans in. Leave for 24 hours then drain the water.
- Heat oven to 175 C fan on.
- Add a baking sheet above the pastry pie dish with pastry on then add the baking beans for 10 minutes to blind bake.
- Whisk the eggs together. Add the double cream after then the salt with the beans. Add the grated cheese then take out the pastry dish once the time is over.
- Add the lard to a skillet with the herbs on low heat until they are together; add it to the mixture then mix in.
- Add the mixture to the pie dish after taking the baking beans out. Put in oven for around 45 minutes.