Pineapple Passion Crumble is a delightful mix of two tropical fruity flavours! Not only does it feel great to serve in Summer, but it also tastes great! Serving four and only really requiring canned ingredients for the filling it’s super cheap!
For the topper of the crumble, we used our cinnamon butter! It gives the crumble a much more volume of flavour and well when it crusts it’s delicious! You can add around 3 tablespoons of cornstarch to the filling if it’s too liquidy to make sure that it thickens up. I usually make the mistake of not doing that and it usually overflows at the top as I like to use a lot of liquid for this recipe.
you can add ice cream to the crumble when served to give contrast when it’s piping hot. Or on a winter day, you can serve it with delicious custard! We also have a peach crumble if you want to have something slightly less sweeter!
Pineapple Passion Crumble Recipe
Pineapple Passion Crumble
- 1 Pie dish
- 1 canned pineapples
- 1 can passion fruit pulp
- 50 grams sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 200 grams flour
- 125 grams butter
- 75 grams sugar
- Preheat oven to 175 C fan on.
- Add the two cans to the pie dish, though drain at least three fourths of the liquid.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients then mix together.
- In a bowl, put the flour and sugar. Then crumble up the butter with it adding the butter occasionally.
- Put the crumble topping above the filling then place in the oven for around 40 minutes.