Cinnamon pie pastry is made with our delicious cinnamon butter! This pastry is much sweeter than the usual pastry that we make here. It is a shortcrust pastry made specifically for tarts and sweet pies. If you’re looking for a less sweet and more savoury pastry, however, you can find our cumin pie pastry.
If you’re looking for other recipes that you can use for your pastry- check out our YouTube channel then!
Cinnamon Pie Pastry Recipe
Cinnamon Pie Pastry
- 300 grams cinnamon butter
- 500 grams plain flour
- 150 grams icing sugar
- 3-4 egg yolks Do four if too dry when everything has been mixed together
- Mix the flour and the butter and the icing sugar together. Break apart the butter with your fingers into the flour inside of a bowl. Keep doing this until its mostly breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolks and combine then keep hand mixing until it has become a pastry form. Add another yolk if its dry.
- Knead for 5 minutes then leave rest for 20. Add to refrigerator afterwards.