This is something for those hot summer days or people looking for a delicious milk alternative! Tree nut milk is delicious plant-based milk, and it’s free of peanuts for those who are allergic!
If you’re also looking to have non-peanut foods that are also healthy, you can find our special tree nut butter recipe here! Our recipes use xylitol for sugar replacement; you can simply replace it with sugar if needed.
Tree Nut Milk Recipe
You’ll want to preheat the oven to around 175 c fan on. Line a tray with parchment paper, then add the tree nuts to the top. Make sure it’s evenly spread out so that it roasts evenly. Place the tray into the oven for approximately 6 to 8 minutes. Or until you can smell the toasted aromas released.
Once we remove the nuts from the oven, we will soak them in double the water to the nuts ratio. Place it in the fridge for around 4 hours. Once soaked, we will put the liquid and the nuts into the blender to blend until it has been processed.
I blended the stuff for around 8 minutes; it depends on how powerful your blender is. If it’s not powerful as mine, you can use the same amount of time. You can always check after blending to ensure all of it has turned to milk.
Now it’s finished! You should enjoy this recipe; we also have an elderberry syrup you can try out too!
Tree Nut Milk
- 1 blender
- 500 grams mixed tree nuts
- 4 cups water
- Preheat the oven to 175 fan on Celsius.
- Lay parchment paper on the tray
- Add the nuts to the parchment paper tray and spread out so they evenly roast. Place in oven for 6 to 8 minutes until you can smell the roasted aroma.
- Take them out of the oven then add them to a bowl which can hold 4 cups of water with them. Add them together then leave to soak in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Take out of the refrigerator then add the contents to a blender then blend for 8 minutes until the milk is finished.