Do you have any leftover cake that you really need to use? Well, we have a great recipe that you could use for that leftover cake! Crumble up those cake leftovers and mix them with butter and make a delicious apple cake crumble! Whatever flavour that cake had will transfer over to the crumble as well!
You can make this recipe without the butter that you would use for the crumble, but it will “crumble” a lot if so. I had to go without butter due to having non in my pantry at the time of baking this recipe.
Apple Cake Crumble Recipe
Apple Cake Crumble
- 1 Pie dish
- 2 apples
- 100 grams cake crumbles
- 50 grams butter
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp allspice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch mace
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180 C fan on
- Cut up the apples into small slices.
- Mix the sugar and spices together in a bowl.
- Mix the apples with the spiced sugar in the bowl until its well incorporated then add to the pie dish
- Mix the cornstarch with the cold water then add to the pie dish so that it can help add thickness to the crumble filling.
- Mix the crumble and butter together rubbing it until its like breadcrumbs then add to the top of the filling to create the top.
- Place in oven for around 35 to 40 minutes.
- Enjoy and serve!
Apologies for the random casserole that appears during the YouTube video, it was purely accidental and YouTube won’t let me clip it out. This is due to the video being under 25 seconds long for some weird YouTube reason.
We hope that you enjoyed this recipe, if you did and want to bake more- we have a special apple pie that you might enjoy!