It’s hard to go wrong with this basic besan ki roti! Only using these simple three ingredients; water, ghee/oil and besan gram flour with a little bit of salt as well! It goes well with a lot of Indian dishes- I enjoy it on its own though.
If the dough is too wet; add some more flour to the mix- if it’s too dry add some more water. Make sure to have a balance with it being slightly sticky and reapply flour to the board to make it not stick.
Also to spice up the recipe you can also add some herbs into the mix and other ingredients!
Basic Besan ki Roti Recipe:
Basic Besan Ki Roti
- 3 tbsp olive oil or ghee
- 100 ml water
- 300 grams besan gram flour
- pinch salt
- First mix the besan gram flour with the water and salt until it has been mixed thoroughly.
- Add the oil or ghee to the mixture until it is in a ball form- if its too wet add more gram flour; but if its too dry add small amounts of water- it has to be between wet and dry.
- Flour a board then roll out small balls of the mixture into flat circles making sure that the rolling pin is also floured to prevent sticking.
- Place it on a heated skillet then cook for a minute or two then flip and cook the other side for a minute.
- Take off the skillet then add to a plate to set; repeat process until all dough is used up or as much as needed.
We also have a podcast that features this recipe! If you’d like to discover other recipes then make sure to listen in! Check-in on our YouTube channel as well- over there we have multiple recipes that are not on this site!