These roly-poly bites are bite-sized versions of roly-poly’s. They’re easy to add to any meal and absolutely feels less heavy than the larger version.
You can also add any spices to these bites to make them taste much better! Though, if you add spices make sure to add them into the flour when making the dough.
Roly-Poly Bites Recipe
Jam roly-poly bites
- 50 grams suet
- 100 grams flour
- 35 ml milk Use more if dough is too dry
- 45 grams any jam
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 175 C fan. Place a pot or skillet into the oven filled with water (please be careful when taking it out later since it will be VERY hot!)
- Add the flour and suet together into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt. (you can add the allspice here or add it on the fourth step)
- Slowly mix and add the milk gradually until its a dough texture; not sticky or dry.
- Roll out the jam roly-poly on a floured board then cut out three long slices. If you didn't add the allspice on the second step- you can add it here; sprinkle it over the pastry.
- Spread marmalade jam over the pastry then roll up the pastry; squeeze the two ends.
- Wrap the roly poly into baking paper with aluminum foil on the outside; make sure not to wrap too tightly then place in oven.
- Keep in oven for 45 minutes then take out; make sure that the roly poly is above the steam on a rack.
Well we hope you enjoyed these roly poly’s! If you want the larger and non-bitesize version of the roly poly here is the article. But we also have a lot of videos on our YouTube channel where you can find a lot of cooking shorts!