This egg cake prioritises the rubbery texture that is created through the use of multiple eggs. You can add fruit to this recipe like bananas to give the cake substance other than its rubber texture. It’s a simple yet delicious recipe that only utilises 3 base ingredients.
Image step-by-step of the Egg Cake
Mine’s a bit burnt but that’s because it wasn’t cooked when I checked since I had it at the bottom of the oven. Make sure to poke the middle if you think it’s cooked just to check whether it is or not. It will leak if it’s uncooked.
If the cake leaks then make sure to cut the part off when cooked. It should peel off quite easily. I suggest adding flavouring and fruit or nuts to this recipe to make it better if you cook it. Keep in mind that this recipe is a base; so you can experiment with the base.
Egg Cake Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 C fan on
- Grease the cake tin to stop it from sticking
- Beat the eggs and keep on beating until risen a bit
- Add the sugar and flour to the mixture and mix until smooth
- Add the salt and mix, then add the mixture to the cake tin.
- Put in a oven for half an hour.
- Chill for an hour then enjoy.
If you enjoyed this recipe; make sure to check the mysore pak recipe we did! Not only does it taste good- it’s a good crunch too! Check out our YouTube channel as well for video versions of our content!