Chicken Spaghetti Bolognese brings marinated chicken and pasta together. It’s simply spaghetti with tomatoes and chicken- nothing more nothing less. It’s simple and basic yet delicious! Alternatively, if the chicken is not the meat you want to use- we have a prawn spaghetti instead!
For the chicken marinade, we have a video showcasing it and the process. You can find that here. Though the recipe will include this in the introduction of it.
Chicken Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
Chicken Spaghetti Bolognese
- 1 whole bell pepper
- 2 small-medium onions
- 1 whole garlic
- 1 handful coriander fresh (chopped)
- 1 handful parsley fresh (chopped)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cube stock
- any spaghetti The amount of spaghetti you use doesn't matter- I tend to use more than other people. Just take what you know you need and add a bit extra.
- 3 cups water to cook the spaghetti
- 50 ml liquid thickened stock optional
Dried Herbs and oil (Bolognese)
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp marjoram
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
Marinade (for chicken)
- 1 tbsp cloves
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 whole garlic
- 2 chicken breasts
To Marinate The Chicken
- Add the soy sauce, olive oil and remove the skins of the garlic (save them) and crush the garlic skins.
- Add the garlic into the marinade then mix in the powdered cloves. Add this to a tupperware or anything that can hold the marinade and the chicken breasts.
- Add some slices into the top of the chicken so that the marinade can spread in the chicken.
- Leave in the refrigerator for around 8 hours.
While marinating- create the stock and slice vegetables for later use.
- Add the garlic skins to a pot then add some water and add the stock cube. Also, add the liquid stock if you have any.
- Remove the garlic skin on the other garlic then add to the stock pot as well. Dice those garlic cloves then keep for later.
- Remove the onion skins and add them to the stockpot. Slice the onions into dices then save for later.
- Slice the bell pepper into slices then leave for later. Save these in the refrigerator to keep freshness.
- Set heat to medium then after an hour separate the liquid and the vegetable cuttings. Dispose the cuttings then add the liquid to a pot then simmer until its a thick glace. Save the glace for later.
- Add water to a pot, then add the spaghetti. Bring to boil and take off heat a third of the way through cooking. Add to the bowl with some of the pasta water to keep moisture as you cook the sauce.
- Take the marinated chicken- drain the marinade then cut up the chicken into dices so it cooks faster. Add to a skillet then cook on high heat for a minute.
- Add the onions and brown them on the skillet- then add the cinnamon once browned. Add the bell peppers and chopped tomato.
- In another pan; add oil and add the dried herbs to allow it to bloom the flavour. After a few minutes add to the other skillet then mix. Add the glace to the bolognese.
- Add the fresh herbs towards the end of the bolognese as the bolognese sauce gets browned. Add the garlic as well.
- Make sure chicken is cooked and if so- serve on top of the spaghetti.