This white olive bread recipe is moist and soft on the inside and tastes delicious! It’s a small level up from a basic white bread but the taste is much better! It’s great as a toast, especially with homemade butter and other condiments! Thus, naturally, it will work with a soup or stew very well and I as such recommend you use this bread with them!
Depending on the salt content of the olives- I would suggest using less salt if the olives are salty once drained. If not salty once drained you can add a pinch to enhance the flavour of the bread.
White Olive Bread Recipe
White Olive Bread
- 500 grams white bread flour
- 300 ml warm water
- 10 grams yeast
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 200 grams drained olives
- (optional) pinch salt
- Mix the water and yeast together until the water is cloudy. Then add it to a bowl with the flour and olives and oil then mix together until a dough is formed.
- Knead the dough for around 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough in the bowl and leave out in the sun. Wait 6 hours or until risen.
- Heat oven to 200 C fan on and put the dough on a baking tray with baking paper. Knife the tops of the dough when on the baking paper so that it evenly cooks. then put into the oven for around 20 to 30 minutes.